Become a Friedrich Schiedel Fellow and Embark with Us on a Journey of Human-Centered Innovation for Technology in Society!
Beyond traditional disciplinary boundaries, we seek fellows from diverse backgrounds who are dedicated to address societal challenges by developing approaches to advance the public good. Together with our fellows, we want to explore how we can employ emerging technologies for the benefit of society, and ensure that emerging technologies are developed responsibly, human-centered, and democratically.
With their translational research at the intersection of technology and society, accepted fellows will be agents of interdisciplinary collaboration, building new and bolstering existing bridges between social sciences and natural sciences, engineering, life sciences, economics, health sciences, and medicine at TUM.
Core Objectives of the Fellowship Program
Empowering Innovators: Join a cohort of forward-thinkers, action-oriented researchers and trailblazers. Our fellowship program is designed to provide you with resources and a community needed to turn your groundbreaking ideas into reality.
- Harvesting Collaboration: Collaboration is key to solving today’s complex societal challenges. Our fellowship program provides a collaborative environment, connecting you with mission-oriented individuals who share your passion and drive to make a difference.
- Creating Public Interest Technology: Fellows become catalysts for positive change, contributing to a community that shares a common goal of creating technologies that enhance the well-being of society. Our fellowship program is not just about individual growth; it's about collective impact.
Designed to echo Friedrich Schiedel's commitment as a visionary entrepreneur who left an indelible mark on corporate social responsibility, Friedrich Schiedel Fellowship for Technology in Society aims to fortify translational and actionable research in the ethical, social, political, economic, and legal realms of science and technology.
Why Apply for the Fellowship Program
- Funding: Turn your vision into reality with access to project funding and resources to support your initiatives.
- Community: Become part of a community of fellows from across TUM, creating opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration and learning.
- Global Network: Benefit from our network of partners in Bavaria, Germany and from around the world, including the Global Network of Centers.
Hosted by TUM School of Social Sciences and Technology and the TUM Think Tank
Friedrich Schiedel Fellows for Technology in Society are integral members of the TUM Think Tank community. We expect fellows to actively engage in their projects at TUM and its respective schools and to become vibrant contributors to our fellowship community.
Aiming to build bridges between the various TUM Schools, potential fellows need two professors (one from the TUM SOT and one from a different TUM School) who support the application and will work with the fellow on the proposed interdisciplinary project.
Applications Now Open – Don't Miss Your Chance to Shape Technologies for the Public Interest!
Apply now and become a part of a vibrant community! Applications are open until 15 March 2024.
Seize the chance to work on technologies for the public interest and be a Friedrich Schiedel Fellow for Technology in Society.
The Friedrich Schiedel Fellowship for Technology in Society invites diverse fellows to collaborate on human-centered innovation, bridging social sciences and technology for societal benefit. Empowering innovators, fostering collaboration, and creating public interest technology are core objectives, supported by funding, a vibrant community, and a global network. Apply by March 15, 2024, to shape technologies for the public interest and become part of this transformative fellowship.